I’ve been using dryer sheets, well in my dryer, for as long as I can remember. But just the other day I stumbled upon a great post that had a whole host of other uses for dryer sheets. And I don’t know how I missed some of these before! Check out the list below for ten of my favorite ways to use dryer sheets throughout the house.
Ways To Use Dryer Sheets: Bathroom
1. Struggling with water residue on your shower door? Wet a dryer sheet with a sprinkle of water and then use it to remove the residue on your shower door. You’ll be surprised at how well this actually works!
2. Additionally, in a pinch, you can use a dryer sheet to clean a toilet. Really. Pop one of the sheets in the toilet and then use your toilet brush to use it to clean the porcelain. When I tried this out, I couldn’t believe how well it worked!
3. Got a rusty shower head? You can clean that up with a little help from a dryer sheet. Again, just wet the dryer sheet and use it to scrub away the mess that is giving you a hard time.
Ways To Use Dryer Sheets: Bedroom
4. Clean up dusty baseboards in almost no time at all with the help of a few dryer sheets. Gently wipe a dryer sheet along a baseboard to get it squeaky clean. This is super innovative and I cannot get enough.
5. Struggling with stinky shoes? Don’t worry about it anymore. Stick a few dryer sheets into your shoes when you aren’t wearing them to help repel odors.
6. This tip isn’t just for the bedroom, but dryer sheets actually help to repel dust. Rub one across all of your furniture to help keep dust at bay for long periods of time.
Ways To Use Dryer Sheets: Kitchen
7. No one likes to scrub away baked-on grease from pots or pans. Fortunately, this tip will help. Fill your dirty dish with water and place a dryer sheet into the water. Let sit for fifteen minutes. After it sits, you should be able to easily remove grease.
8. You can also sharpen dull knives or scissors easily with a few quick rubs of the dryer sheet. I can’t believe how well this worked!
9. Dryer sheets will also remove baked-on gunk from your oven racks. Wait until your oven has completely cooled and then rub the racks with a dryer sheet.
Ways To Use Dryer Sheets: Other
10. Easily remove dead bugs from your headlights and windshield on a road trip with the help of a dryer sheet. It just cuts through the gunk!